WICK ASSEMBLY ROOMS
Info from Internet downloads & other sources
Address: Assembly Rooms, Sinclair Terrace, Wick, Caithness
KW1 5AB. Tel: 01955 602584. Venue is staffed.
- Venue is along Sinclair Terrace, south of town centre off east side of main A99 road. Car park at venue.
- Built as Pulteneytown Academy in late Victorian era and extended during inter-war years, later converted to public hall. Upgraded in 2010.
- Capacity 450. 180 tiered seats on retractable rake. 270 seats on flat. Folding padded interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good.
- Wick has all services.
- Hall Dimensions: approx 15M wide x 23M long & 6M high.
- Stage: 8M wide x 7.5M deep (pros opening 7.3M). Height of proscenium 3.1M, height of stage 1.2M. Depth of apron 1M. Crossover behind cyclorama upstage. Access treads off stage right wing into corridor. Flying bars available.
- Décor: floor polished wood, no markings; walls & roof white. Window curtains and FOH tabs red. Red side curtains along walls.
- Get-in: for hall through fire exit, 1M wide x 2M high. For stage there are loading doors onto stage left wing, 1.2M wide x 2M high, up flight of steps from doors.
- Acoustics reasonable.
- Blackout good – all windows have lined curtains
- Piano unknown. No smoke detectors.
- Access equipment – no details but assumed to exist.
- Power: 63amp 3-phase socket in SL wing, 32amp 3-phase socket in SR wing.
- Stage lighting rig – Zero88 Jester lighting desk, 24 channels Chilli dimmers. FOH 12 x 750w Source 4 profiles, 12 x 650w profiles. Stage (5 LX bars) 20 x 1kw fresnels, 8 x 1kw PC’s, 3 channels of cyc floods.
- Sound rig – Allen & Heath 16-2 mixer, QSC amps, EAW speaker cluster above pros arch centre, 2 Yamaha stage monitors, CD player, 16 channel mic tie-line link from stage to FOH, mics & stands.
- Houselights are dimmable chandeliers controlled from both stage wings.
- 3 dressing rooms off stage right wing. Separate backstage toilet.
- Kitchen available.