ARISAIG ASTLEY HALL
Sept 2012 Mick Andrew
Address: Astley Hall, Arisaig, Inverness-shire, PH39 4NP.
- Venue is on B8008 road into Arisaig village on RHS before village centre as approaching from Fort William, Car parking on street.
- Built 1893 and refurbished in 2000.
- Capacity 118 if stage used, up to 70 if performing on floor. Non-interlocking, padded & unpadded metal folding chairs.
- Mobile reception variable. Payphone in hall foyer (01687 450568).
- Arisaig has general store & cashpoint, post office, hotel and café. Petrol at Morar (4 miles), Banks and other services at Mallaig (7 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 13.1M (43’) long x 5.52M (18’1”) wide (side walls have fitted benches 0.54M (21”) deep along length of hall). Height at side walls 3.46M (11’4”) rising to 5.84M (19’2”) in middle. 4 roof trusses @ 3.13M (10’3”) height in hall.
- Stage: 4.83M (15’10”) wide x 3.85M (12’8”) deep. Height of pros arch 2.69M (8’10”). Wings 0.71M (2’4”) SR & 0.86M (2’10”) SL. Slight rake. No crossover. Access treads off front of stage both sides and from Stage Left to side room.
- Décor: floor polished dark wood, no markings; walls dark blue lower, light grey upper; roof light grey with dark blue roof supporting trusses.
- Get-in: through hall fire exit, ramp & right angle turn into hall, single wide door. Approx 25M from van loading area to stage. 0.86M (2’10”) wide x 2.03M (6’8”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- No blackout – 5 windows & 4 skylights. Blackout material (easy to rig) exists for the 5 windows – check with hall keeper for use.
- Heating by roof-mounted radiators.
- No piano. Smoke detectors in hall, possible to isolate.
- 3 part extending ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in cupboard in FOH foyer.
- Small stage lighting rig – Level 12 lighting desk, 12 channel Pulsar Datapak non-patchable dimmer, 12 x Pulsar (Source 4 copy) Par Cans, 2 x 650w profile spots. FOH LX bar & 1 stage LX bar.
- Small sound rig – mixer & amp (not seen) & 2 wall-mounted speakers. Some mics.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switches at hall entrance.
- Small room near stage can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.
- Bar can be arranged with advance notice.