KINCRAIG COMMUNITY HALL
June 2000 Mick Andrew
Address: Suidhe Crescent, Kincraig, Kingussie, Inverness-shire
- Venue is just off B9152 road through village just north of centre on right hand side (heading north) at Suidhe Crescent. Car park at venue.
- Built 1994 and upgraded in 2003.
- Capacity approx 150 if stage used, up to 100 if performing on floor. Folding, padded, non-interlocking chairs stored on meat-racks.
- Mobile reception reasonable. Payphone in hall 01540 651663.
- Kincraig has a hotel, Post office and convenience store with cashpoint (service charge). Banks & (no charge) cashpoint at Kingussie (7 miles) or Aviemore. Petrol and other services in Aviemore (7 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 9.14M (30’) wide x 16.32M (53’6”) long. Height at side walls 4.42M (14’6”) rising to 6.1M (20’) at apex. 6 roof trusses in hall @ 4.98M (16’4”) height.
- Stage: 7.24M (23’9”) wide x 2.84M (9’4”) deep. Height above 3.15M (10’4”) at front lowering to 2.46M (8’1”) at back. Height of stage 0.71M (2’4”). Wings 1M (3’3”) formed by soft legs. No crossover. Access treads off both sides of stage front. Front 1.22M (4’) of stage can fold up.
- Décor: floor light wood laminate with Badminton Court markings; walls cream lower, white upper & cream back wall; roof white with light wood colour roof trusses. Stage legs & border maroon with black mid-stage legs.
- Get-in: through hall foyer, 5 steps at entrance, 2 sets of double doors straight into hall. Approx 25M from van loading area to stage. 1.52M (5’) wide x 2.01M (6’7”) high.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- Blackout good – skylights have electric blinds.
- Heating by wall-mounted ceramic heaters.
- Upright piano available. No smoke detectors in hall.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 200amp 3-phase incomer in side room by kitchen.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switches in foyer or room off stage left.
- Lounge can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.