TORRIDON COMMUNITY CENTRE
Sept 2009 Mick Andrew
Address: Loch Torridon Community Centre, Torridon by Achnasheen, Ross-shire IV22 2EZ 01445 791361
- Venue is on RHS of road into Torridon village off main A896, approx ¼ mile from road junction. Car Park available.
- Built 1996 and extended in 2004 & 2011.
- Capacity approx 150 if stage used, 100 if performing on floor, padded stacking chairs.
- Mobile phone coverage reasonable – Vodafone good.
- Torridon has General Store, café. Other shops, Hotels in Shieldaig (7 miles). Petrol at Kinlochewe (11 miles). Banks, cashpoints and other services at Lochcarron (23 miles) or Gairloch (31 miles).
– Hall Dimensions: 9M (29’6”) wide x 16.4M (53’10”) long. Height of side walls SR side/FOH entrance side 5M (16’5”), SL side/window wall 3.82M (12’6”) rising to approx 7M (23’) at apex. Roof A-frame.
- Stage: Pros arch style, no wings, crossover in corridor behind. 4.5M (14’9”) wide x 3.07M (10’1”) deep. Height above stage approx 3.66M (12’), height of stage 0.76M (2’6”). Access stairs SR.
- Décor: Floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings. Walls & roof ply clad wood. Wood roof buttress supports. FOH tabs red.
- Get-in: Reasonable – either through fire exit (far end of hall) single door, straight, flat, approx 17M to stage, 0.76M (2’6”) wide x 1.88M (6’2”) high; or through hall main entrance, 2 steps, 2 double doors, straight, approx 20M from van to stage.1.5M (4’11”) wide x 2.05M (6’9”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good, most windows have curtains and blackout blinds available for others.
- Heating by wall mounted red-glow quartz heaters.
- No Piano. Smoke Detectors in hall, possible to isolate but unit in kitchen beeps if this done.
- Small stepladder available.
- Power: 125amp 3-phase incomer in kitchen, by door into hall. 32amp single-phase cee-form socket on SL wall.
- Small stage lighting system available, no details.
- PA system available, 24 channels, selection of microphones including radio mics available.
- Houselights switched sodium lights with dimmable bulbs within each unit – switches by hall entrance.
- Annex could be used a Dressing Room, or use stage.
- Kitchen available
- Gallery & Exhibition space within hall.
- No separate toilets