GREAT BERNERA HALL & COMMUNITY CENTRE
Sept 2013 Mick Andrew
Address: Great Bernera Hall & Community Centre, Breacleit, Gt. Bernera, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9NB
- Venue is in middle of Great Bernera in Breacleit village on LHS of road 2 miles from bridge to island, just past school. Car Park available.
- Built 1970’s, extended in 1995 & again in 2001.
- Capacity 150 if stage used, 70-80 if performing on floor. Non-interlocking stacking chairs.
- Variable Mobile phone reception. Nearest payphone by shop.
- Small General Store & Petrol in Breacleit, café at hall. Banks and other services at Stornoway (26 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 9.1M (29’11”) wide x 15.86M (52’) long. Height at side walls 4.2M (13’9”) rising to 5.1M (16’9”) at apex.
- Stage: 6.5M (21’4”) wide x 2M (6’7”) deep. Height of stage 0.92M (3’). No wings. Stage offset to stage right of hall (not centred).
- nb As of 2015 the stage has been removed.
- Décor: Floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings, walls pine cladding and acoustic panelling, back wall of stage is white, roof white.
- Get-in: good, through emergency exit by kitchen, straight, flat 2 sets double doors, 0.96M (3’2”) wide x 2.05M (6’9”) high. 10M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good. Doors have slit windows.
- Heating by large wall mounted radiators.
- No Piano. No Smoke Detectors
- Large A-frame steps available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in switch room by foyer main entrance.
- Small Stage lighting rig – Strand 100 12 ch 2 preset desk, 12 non patchable dimmers, 2 side LX bars, 1 front of stage LX bar (4 circuits each), 6 x 650w fresnels, 2 Par Cans 4 x 500w floods.
- Small portable PA system with Allen & Heath 16-2 mixer, amps, speakers and small number of microphones.
- Houselights are wall up-lighters or fluorescents, switched at foyer entrance.
- 2 Changing Rooms can be used as Dressing Rooms.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilets.
- Café & Bar available in venue.
NOTE PLAN HAS CHANGED SLIGHTLY – NO LADIES & GENTS TOILETS BY FOYER – NOW A KITCHEN AREA, NEW LX BARS, FOYER IS NOW AN EMERGENCY EXIT. 2 twin 13a sockets on back wall of stage, equally spaced & 2 twin 13a sockets on SR wall (head height).