STAFFIN COMMUNITY HALL
Sept 2006 Mick Andrew
Address: Stenscholl, Staffin, Isle of Skye IV51 9JS http://staffincommunityhall.moonfruit.com/
- Venue is on west side of A855 in middle of village and is part of Staffin Stores building. Car park at venue.
- Built 1980’s.
- Capacity approx 100 seated, 200 standing. Stacking non-interlocking plastic chairs.
- Mobile reception good for some networks.
- Staffin has community stores + launderette, café, cashpoint (with service charge). Banks & free-use cashpoint, petrol, hotels and other services in Portree (17 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 14.75M (48’5”) long x 10.33M (33’11”’) wide. Height on lower wall (west side) 5.18M (17’) rising to 9.14M (30”) on other wall (east side). Upgrade in 2012 installed suspended ceiling in hall, so assume height is now uniform (no specific details).
- No stage or crossover.
- Décor: floor old parquet laminate with Badminton Court markings, walls white with wood panelling on upper north & south ends, roof white.
- Get-in: through fire exit, right angle, 2 single doors & ramp outside. Approx 5M from van loading area to hall. 0.85M (2’9”) wide x 1.95M (6’5”). Alternative with 2 sets double doors, right angle turn & ramp through FOH & foyer entrance 1.62M (5’4”) wide x 1.98M (6’6”) 25M from van to hall.
- Acoustics reverberant.
- No blackout – windows on east side of hall extremely high.
- Heating by storage heater system.
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 100amp single-phase incomer. 13amp sockets on 30amp ring main. Distribution board in café kitchen near cooker.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched sodium’s, switches by hall main entrance.
- Adjacent games room can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.
- Café in complex.