RAFFORD VILLAGE HALL
May 2015 Mick Andrew
Address: Rafford, nr Forres, Morayshire, IV36 2RU
- Venue is on LHS of B9010 Forres to Dallas road approx 3 miles from Forres. Car park at hall.
- Built in 1889 as a church. Converted to village hall in 1950.
- Capacity up to 100. Plastic stacking non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good.
- Banks, petrol, shops, hotels, cafes and other services at Forres (3 miles). There are no services at Rafford.
- Hall Dimensions: 9.62M (31’7”) wide x 11.44M (37’6”) long. Height above 4.1M (13’6”) – slightly reduced by 9 heater panels spread throughout ceiling.
- Stage: (off centre, with 2 pillars on front edge) 6.2M (20’4”) wide x 2.36M (7’9”) deep (reduced by door access USC). Height above 2.14M (7’), height of stage 0.28M (11”). No crossover. No access treads but ramp on SR side.
- Décor: floor old wood, no markings; walls dark wood clad lower, white upper with white false ceiling.
- Get-in: good through FOH entrance, up 4 steps, through double doors, 2 right angle turns & through single door into hall. Approx 10M from van loading area to stage. Smallest door is 0.85M (2’9”) wide x 2.11M (6’11”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable – all windows have unlined curtains.
- Heating by overhead panel heaters.
- No Piano. No smoke detectors in hall.
- 6 step A-frame stepladder available.
- Power: 100amp single-phase incomer in locked cupboard in foyer by Gents toilets. Twin 13amp sockets in hall on 20amp trip.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescent panels – switches by entrance to Kitchen.
- Upstairs room (balcony) can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.