STRATHERRICK PUBLIC HALL
Oct 2011 Mick Andrew
Address: Gorthleck, Inverness-shire IV2 6YR
- Venue is on west side of B862 in Lyne of Gorthleck village approx ½ mile south of school. Small car park opposite hall.
- Built around 1930’s & refurbished & extended in 1987 & 2000.
- Capacity approx 70 (up to 100 if venue staging used). Padded folding chairs stored on meat-racks.
- No mobile reception. Payphone 50M away at far end of adjacent cottages.
- There are no services at Gorthleck village. Nearest free cashpoint at Fort Augustus Post Office, hotels, shops and petrol in Fort Augustus (12 miles). Bank in Inverness (20 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 7.32M (24’) wide x 14.37M (47’2”) long. 2.93M (9’7”) high at side walls rising to 5.33M (17’6”) high at apex. Hall has 3 roof trusses @ 3.2M (10’6”) height over centre. Trusses at approx (3.66M) 12’ intervals.
- Staging rostra available – 12 units of 2M x 1M aluminium deck available @ 0.6M high + access treads. Area to install staging in recess is 5.1M wide (between folding doors) x 2.8M deep x 2.47M height above to flat roof/pros. No crossover.
- Décor: floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings, walls light green, roof pine clad with cream roof trusses.
- Get-in: through FOH entrance, right angle turn, up 7 steps (disabled access ramp also exists), 2 sets double doors. Approx 20M from van loading area to stage. 0.9M (3’) wide x 2.02M (6’7”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good, all windows have blinds.
- Heating by ceiling mounted panel heaters.
- Electric piano available. 2 Smoke detectors in hall – can be isolated by arrangement.
- No access equipment seen.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer located in back store. 63amp single-phase socket on 50amp trip @3M high by SL pros.
- Stage lighting – 2 x Par56 lamps c/w 13amp sockets (non-dim).
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents – switches by FOH entrance, or dimmable up-lighters – dimmer control in backstage store by dist. board
- Side meeting rooms can be used as dressing rooms.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.