Clan MacQuarrie Community Centre
Mar 2014 Mick Andrew
Address: Clan MacQuarrie Community Centre, Borve, Isle of Lewis HS2 0RX 01851 850397
- Venue on main A857 Barvas-Ness road, approx 5 miles from Barvas on RHS of road as entering Borve, by War Memorial. Car Park available.
- Built 2009
- Capacity approx 150, stacking plastic chairs.
- Variable mobile phone reception.
- General Store & Petrol in Borve (2 mins towards Ness), Hotel ½ mile away & Pub at Cross (4 miles away). Banks and all other services in Stornoway (17 miles)
- Hall Dimensions: 10.32M (33’10”) wide x 17.95M (58’9”) long. Height of side wall SL (window side) 3.17M (10’5”), side wall SR (other side) 5.73M (18’10”), rising to approx 6.75M (22’2”) at off centre central spine. Apex X-section. Box lighting truss @ 3.8M (12’6”) height over peerforming area of hall.
- Staging available: 18 sections of 1M square frame & top style @ 0.5M high. 2 tread sets.
- Décor: Oak wood laminate floor, walls white breeze blocks, roof white box profile steel with light blue trusses. Tab track at back of hall with black drapes.
- Get-in: Reasonable though unusual – easiest route through disabled toilet, 3 single doors 0.85M (2’9”) wide x 2.05M (6’9”) high, flat, straight. Approx 10M to stage area. Double door emergency exits exist but without no adjacent road access.
- Acoustics reverberant.
- Blackout reasonable, windows have unlined curtains, but exit doors don’t, but blackout material available. Windows on one side of hall.
- Heating is underfloor.
- No Piano. Smoke Detectors in hall.
- 3 part extending Zarges ladder available.
- Power: 250amp 3-phase incomer in plant room at back of hall. 13amp sockets on 30amp ring main.
- Stage lighting – Zero88 Jester desk, 12 non-patchable dimmer channels, 12 fresnels, 2 profiles, all rigged on square overhead truss.
- Concert PA system available with 16-4-2 Allen & Heath mixer, SR FOH system speakers & amplifiers, range of microphones & DI boxes.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switches by kitchen access from hall.
- Green Room can act as Dressing Room, with separate toilet.
- Shower available (used as store area).
- Kitchen available, and small meeting room can become a bar area.
- Café available.