DALIBURGH, ST.PETER’S HALL
Mar 2014 Mick Andrew
Address: St.Peter’s Hall, Daliburgh, South Uist, Western Isles HS8 5SS
- Venue is on C88 Daliburgh to Kilphedir road on RHS opposite church approx ½ mile from Borrdale Hotel. Car park available.
- Built 1970’s.
- Capacity approx 160 if stage used, 70–80 if performing on floor. Non-interlocking padded stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception good for some networks.
- Daliburgh has a hotel, petrol & Co-op with cashpoint; Bank at Lochboisdale (3 miles), other services at Benbecula (23 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 16.89M (55’5”) long x 6.83M (22’5”) wide. Height at side walls 3.35M (11’) rising to 4.14M (13’7”) over central area.
- Stage: 4.33M (14’2”) wide x 4.09M (13’5”) deep. Height of pros arch 2.49M (8’2”), height of stage 0.91M (3’). Wings 1.35M (4’5”) both sides.
- Décor: Floor light wood with Badminton Court markings, walls wood clad lower, white upper and white roof. Green FOH tabs.
- Get-in: reasonable, through FOH entrance, straight, flat, 1 wide single door & 1 double door. Approx 20M from van loading area to stage. 0.84M (2’9”) wide x 2M (6’7”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout partial. Windows have light unlined curtains.
- Heating by radiators.
- No Piano. No Smoke Detectors
- Small A-frame stepladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer & distribution board in foyer. 40amp trip feeds distribution board in SR wing. Hall 13amp sockets on 30amp trip.
- No Stage lighting.
- Small portable PA system available – 7 channel Phonic mixer amp, JBL speakers, amp, microphones, CD player.
- Houselights are spots switched from SR wing, or fluorescents switched from hall entrance lobby.
- Small room off SR wing can be used as a Dressing Room.
- Kitchen & bar area available.
- Separate Toilet backstage opposite dressing room area.
Nb – entrance foyer door has changed from original plan to single door from outside.