Dec 2001 Mick Andrew
Address: Eriskay Hall, Isle of Eriskay, South Uist, Outer Hebrides HS8 5JJ
- Venue is adjacent to village shop in Haun village on island – from S.Uist causeway take road to Barra ferry and hall is just past turning for here on right hand side. Car park at venue.
- Built 1980’s.
- Capacity approx 80. Plastic, non-interlocking, stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception limited. Payphone in hall foyer.
- Eriskay has a community shop and pub. Petrol, Co-op & no charge cashpoint and other services at Daliburgh (S.Uist 9 miles), Bank & ferry to mainland at Lochboisdale (S.Uist 12 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 7.09M (23’3”) wide x 14.33M (47’) long. Height at side walls 3.15M (10’4”) rising to approx 4.27M (14’) at apex. Height of 5 roof trusses 3.81M (12’6”).
- Staging available: Rostra blocks creating stage of 3.25M (10’8”) wide x 1.68M (5’6”) deep.
- Décor: floor polished wood, no markings; walls cream lower, light ply panelling upper; roof light ply panelling with dark wood trusses
- Get-in: through foyer – 2 sets double doors and 3 steps down, straight. Approx 20M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics good.
- No blackout – 5 skylights in roof with no blinds.
- Heating by wall-mounted panel heaters.
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in locked cupboard on hall right/stage left.
- No stage lighting.
- Small club PA system, not suitable for theatre playback.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switches in cupboard by phone in foyer.
- No separate room available as dressing room, only kitchen.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.