MUCK COMMUNITY HALL
August 2016 Mick Andrew
Address: Muck Community Hall, Port Mor, Isle of Muck, Inverness-shire PH41 2RP
- Venue in Port Mor. From ferry pier go beyond tea-room, turn right up hill past school. Vehicles need a permit from Highland Council for transit to island.
- Built 2012
- Capacity approx 60. Stacking, plastic, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception variable. Payphone approx 5 mins walk. Hall has open access Wi-Fi.
- Muck has a café/craft centre only. Nearest banks, cashpoints, petrol, general store and other services at Mallaig via 2hr ferry (infrequent). Accommodation on island can be arranged.
- Hall Dimensions: 7.32M (24’) wide x 13.4M (44’) long. Height at side
walls 4.78M (15’8”) rising to 6.78M (22’3”) at apex.
- No Stage or staging.
- Décor: floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings; walls and roof light birch ply clad.
- Get-in: through foyer, flat, straight. 2 sets double doors & folding doors into hall or through large folding window doors at side of hall. Approx 20M from van loading area to performing area. 1.53M (5’) wide x 2.23M (7”4”) high.
- Acoustics good – hall has acoustic treatment panels.
- No blackout – hall has 3 large high skylight windows and 3 folding door windows.
- Heating by recessed storage heaters.
- No piano. 2 smoke detectors in hall, can be isolated by arrangement.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 125amp 3-phase incomer in foyer under stairs. All twin 13amp sockets on 32amp ring main. Power supplied by Island grid – entirely green power (solar and wind power with battery storage).
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switches by hall entrance.
- Dressing room area can be created in upstairs lounge.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets. Shower in disabled toilet and washing machine.