MOULIN VILLAGE HALL, PITLOCHRY
June 2015 Mick Andrew
Address: 4 Kirkmichael Road, Moulin, Pitlochry, Perthshire PH16 5HF
- Venue is on RHS of A924 before hotel, as heading up from Pitlochry, along a short lane in middle of village. Small car park.
- Built as school in 1851 and converted to hall in 1956.
- Capacity approx 90 if stage used, up to 70 if performing on floor. Stacking plastic non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable.
- Moulin has a hotel. All other services in Pitlochry (1 mile).
- Hall Dimensions: 7.63M (25’) wide x 10.56M (34’8”) long. Height at side walls 3.5M (11’6”) rising to 4.26M (13’11’) over centre.
- Stage: 5.03M (16’6”) wide x 3.02M (9’11”) deep. Wings 1.3M (4’3”) each side. Height of proscenium 3.05M (10’), height of stage 0.46M (1’6”). No crossover. Access treads both sides of stage & USL (3 steps).
- Décor: floor light wood, no markings; walls beige laminate clad lower, pink upper; roof pink. Window curtains dark red, FOH tabs red & grey wide stripes.
- Get-in: good – through hall fire exit, straight, flat, single door & double door into hall. Approx 15M from van loading area to stage. 0.85M (2’9”) wide x 1.97M (6’5”) wide.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good – all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by wall mounted red-glow quartz heaters.
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- 12 step A-frame ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer located in rear kitchen. Twin 13amp sockets on 32amp trips.
- No stage lighting.
- No PA equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents – switches in back kitchen off USL.
- Back kitchen can be used as a dressing room area.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilet.