KILLIN McLAREN HALL
Oct 2008 Mick Andrew
Address: Main St, Killin, Perthshire, FK21 8UJ
- Venue is on west side of main A827 road, north-east of village centre. Car park at venue.
- Built in 1935
- Capacity approx 200 (including balcony seats) if stage used; approx 150 if performing on floor. Padded stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable.
- Killin has bank & cashpoint, hotels, general store, cafes. Petrol at Lix Toll (2 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: approx 12M (39’5”) wide x 18M (59’) deep to under balcony. Height at side walls approx 5M (16’5”) rising to approx 6.5M (21’4”) at centre (roof is arched).
- Stage: Approx 7M (23’) wide x 5M (16’5”) deep. Height to LX rig approx 4M (13’2”). Height of stage approx 1.22M (4’). Wings approx 2.44M (8’) both sides. Crossover through back corridor. Access treads in SR wing.
- Décor: floor polished wood with badminton court markings, walls wood panelling lower, upper & roof cream.
- Get-in: either through side fire exit, double doors off grass area straight into hall (if route not blocked by parked cars) approx 10M van loading area to stage; or through hall foyer (FOH) entrance, up steps & 3 sets double doors straight into hall – approx 25M van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics reasonable.
- Blackout good – all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by wall-mounted radiators.
- Upright piano available. No smoke detectors.
- Access equipment not seen.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in corridor off SL wing. Stage 13amp sockets switched from SL wing.
- Stage lighting rig exists but no equipment seen or rigged. (FOH LX bars + side bars & Stage LX bars).
- No sound equipment seen.
- Houselights are switched sodium up-lighters (non-dim) – switches in SL wing.
- 2 Dressing Rooms off-stage.
- Kitchen available
- No separate toilets.
- Lesser Hall available.