LISMORE PUBLIC HALL
July 2009 Mick Andrew
Address: Lismore Public Hall, Isle of Lismore, Argyll PA34 5UG
- Venue is on main B8045 island road. From ferry head up the road, turn right at T-junction and hall is approx ½ mile along on LHS. Small car park at rear of hall.
- Built around 1950’s
- Capacity approx 60. Stacking padded chairs. This is a small hall.
- Mobile reception non-existant. Payphone in hall 01631 760312.
- Lismore has a shop/P.O. and a café at the Visitor Centre. There are no hotels or pubs. All services in Oban via 50 min ferry.
- Hall Dimensions: 12.3M (40’4”) long x 6M (19’8”) wide. Height at side walls 2.8M (9’2”) rising to 4M (13’2”) over central flat roof.
- Stage: 6M (19’8”) wide x 2.75M (9’) deep. Height of stage 0.69M (2’3”). Access treads off SR through back room. No crossover.
- Décor: floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings. Walls light blue lower, white upper and white ceiling
- Get-in: good, through hall fire exit, 3 steps, double doors, straight. Approx 5M from van loading to stage. 1.07M (3’6’) wide x 2.08M (6’10”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout not full. Stage window has no curtain and skylight blind not working.
- Heating by wall mounted electric bar heaters.
- No Piano. No Smoke Detectors.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 100amp single-phase incomer in room off stage. Hall sockets on 30amp trip.
- No Stage lighting
- Small sound system – Sallen & heath 16-4-2 mixer, 2 Mackie speakers and monitors. Amplifier, microphones, playback not seen.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switched at FOH entrance.
- Off stage room available as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.