Feb 2014 Mick Andrew
Address: Plockton Hall, Harbour St, Plockton, Ross-shire IV52 8TG
- Venue is on corner of Harbour St and Cooper St in middle of village. No car park
- Built early C20th and upgraded and extended in 1996.
- Capacity approx 80 if stage used, up to 60 if performing on floor. Plastic non-interlocking stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception limited for some networks. Payphone in hall 01599 544485.
- Plockton has small General Store, hotels & cafes. Petrol, Banks, cashpoints and other services at Kyle of Lochalsh (5 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 6.6M (21’8”) wide x 11.58M (38’) long. Height at side walls 3.25M (10’8”) rising to 5.34M (17’6”) at apex. Hall has 3 steel roof trusses @ 3.61M (11’10”) height.
- Stage: Demountable stage rostra system 4.02M (13’2”) wide x 2.2M (7’3”) deep. Height of stage 0.74M (2’5”), height of pros arch 2.74M (9’). No wings or crossover.
- Décor: Floor dark t&g wood, no markings; walls pine cladding lower, white upper and white roof. FOH tabs rust brown, stage has black drapes at back and sides, cut to height of rostra.
- Get-in: reasonable, through hall main entrance at rear, up 3 steps, right angle turn into hall, 2 sets of double doors, Approx 15M from van loading area to stage. 1.07m (3’6”) wide x 2.08M (6’10”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good, all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by wall mounted panel heaters.
- No Piano. No Smoke Detectors in hall.
- 3-part extending Zarges ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer & 63amp single-phase cee-form socket in locked cupboard behind stage with stage lighting control gear.
- Stage lighting – 12 channel Pulsar 2 preset desk and non-patchable dimmers, 8 x 650w Fresnels FOH and 4 x 500w floods on stage (lamps on 10amp Euro connectors).
- Overhead rigging possible via hall’s 3 roof trusses.
- No Sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched hanging lights, switched from electrics cupboard behind stage, or side foyer.
- Staging storeroom can be cleared & used as Dressing Room.
- Kitchen available & lounge area.
- No separate backstage Toilets.
- Bar refreshments can be arranged.