BUNESSAN COMMUNITY HALL
Feb 2014 Mick Andrew
Address: Bunessan Community Hall, Bunessan, Isle of Mull, Argyll PA67 6DP
- Venue is at far end of village heading west, on LHS of A849. Small car park available.
- Built in 1980’s.
- Capacity 120 approx if stage used, 60-70 if performing on floor. Stacking non-interlocking plastic chairs & some padded chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable, nearest payphone in village (2 mins walk)
- Bunessan has a small Spar general store, café and pub (opening hours variable and closed in winter). Petrol on road to Fionnphort (4 miles). Cashpoint at Fionnphort Ferry Shop. Bank and other services in Tobermory (53 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 14.32M (47’) long x 8.05M (26’5”) wide, reduces to 7.46M (24’6”) wide at ‘Glulam’ roof supports. Height at side walls (12’) 3.66M rising to 5.03M (16’6”) over centre. ‘Glulam’ Roof supports every 3.5M (11’6”).
- Stage: 6.09M (20’) wide x 2.74M (9’) deep. Height of stage 0.61M (2’). Crossover behind stage. Access treads upstage.
- Décor: floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings. Walls pine clad lower, light blue/white upper and ceiling. Stage Tabs dark blue.
- Get-in: Good, through main hall entrance, 3 sets double doors, straight, flat. Approx 20M from van loading to performing area. 1.52M (5’) wide x 1.98M (6’6”) high.
- Acoustics good, slightly reverberant.
- No Blackout – Hall has 8 pairs of double windows.
- Heating by wall heaters.
- Upright Piano available. No Smoke Detectors
- Small A-frame stepladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in store-room in foyer. All power is on £1 coin meters, located by power distribution board.
- No Stage lighting.
- No Sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switches by hall entrance.
- 2 Dressing Rooms behind stage.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilet.