RAASAY COMMUNITY HALL
Oct 2011 Mick Andrew
Address: Raasay Community Hall, Inverarish, Isle of Raasay IV40 8NG.
- Venue is on south side of road between ferry terminal and Inverarish village beyond hotel & school. Car parking at venue. Regular ferry service (Mon – Sat, limited Sunday service).
- Built 2009.
- Capacity approx 100. Padded stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable on some networks. Nearest payphone in village (5 mins walk).
- Inverarish has community shop/post office and hotel. Banks & cashpoints, petrol and other services via 25 min ferry in Portree (12 miles) or Broadford (13 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 17.64M (57’11) long x 9.11M (29’11”) wide. 5.9M (19’4”) high at side walls rising to approx 8M (26’3”) high at apex.
- Staging available – 6 units of 8’x4’ folding ‘Speed’ stage @ 15” high. No crossover.
- Décor: floor light wood laminate with Badminton Court markings, walls & roof birch ply. Large windows along south side of hall, white back wall.
- Get-in: through hall side windows – 1 set double doors, straight, flat from hall decking outside (1 step ledge up from hardcore car park). Approx 10M from van loading area to stage area. 1.7M (5’7”) wide x 2M (6’7”) high.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant (plans exist to acoustically treat the hall)
- Blackout reasonable, all windows have blinds, FOH doors have no window covers.
- Heating by underfloor system.
- No piano. 3 smoke detectors in hall can be isolated by arrangement.
- No access equipment seen.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in upstairs office cupboard. 32amp single-phase socket at stage end of hall.
- Portable stage lighting rig – Zero88 Juggler 2 preset 12 channel desk, 1 Betapack dimmer rack, 2 650w profile spots, 4 x 650w fresnels, 2 x 500w floods, 2 stands & T-bars.
- Small sound system 12-2-1 Phonic Mixer, 2 Titan Speakers, CD player, some mics & cable.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents & fluorescent up-lighters. Switches by FOH entrance.
- Chair-store can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.