LILLIESLEAF CURRIE MEMORIAL HALL
Feb 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: Currie Memorial Hall, Main Street, Lilliesleaf, Roxburghshire TD6 9JD
– Venue is in centre of village on north side of B6359 road next to
school. Parking on street outside.
- Built 1900 as community hall
- Capacity up to 120. Approx 80 for large shows. Stacking, interlocking, plastic chairs.
- Mobile reception variable. Payphone in middle of village by Plough Inn.
- Lilliesleaf has no shops or other services except pub. Nearest Banks, cashpoint, petrol, stores in Selkirk (6 miles).
– Hall Dimensions: 8.8M (28’10”) wide x 15.24M (50’) long. Height at side walls 4.1M (13’5”) rising to 6.1M (20’) over centre.
- No Stage but 15 x 4’sq rostra available & treads to create stage 4.88M sq (16’sq) @ 0.69M (2’3”) height. Crossover possible through back corridor. Also 6 x rostra for seating rake. Tab track removed in 2018.
- Décor floor wood with badminton court markings; walls grey-blue panelling lower, white upper; roof dark wood.
- Get-in: through FOH entrance, ramp outside, right angle turn, 2 sets double doors 1.07M (3’6”) wide x 2.09M (6’10”) high. Approx 15M from van loading area to stage area.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable – all windows had curtains but some stray light exists.
- Heating by radiators.
- Upright piano available. No smoke detectors.
- Ladders have to be borrowed.
- Power: assume minimum 80amp single-phase incomer.
- Stage lighting – 12 channel 2-preset desk, 2 x Strand Act6 patchable dimmer racks, 4 x 650w profile spots, 4 x 650w fresnels all rigged at sides by roof beams.
- Small portable PA system – Soundcraft Powerstation600 12-2 mixer amp, 2 EV speakers & stands, microphones can be obtained.
- Houselights switched fluorescent roof lights or dimmable wall uplighters. Switches at kitchen end of hall.
- Room at back of hall can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.