DUNS VOLUNTEER HALL
Feb 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: Volunteer Hall, Langtongate, Duns, Berwickshire, TD11 3AF. Tel: 01361 884935. http://www.aheartforduns.org/
– Venue is west of town centre just off main A6105 road on
Langtongate near school. Limited parking at hall, parking on
– Built as Drill Hall in 1895 and became publicly owned in
- Capacity 400 standing. 300 seats available, plastic, stacking, interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good. Payphone in foyer 01361 884935.
- Duns has all services.
– Hall Dimensions: 13.65M (44’9”) wide x 24.2M (79’ 4”) long. 5.85M (19’2”) height above (flat roof).
- Staging available – 8 units of 8’x4’ SICO folding stage system @ 0.9M (3’) height. Makes stage 7.32M (24’) wide x 3.66M (12’) deep. Access treads (5 steps) available. Crossover through back corridor.
- Décor: floor old wood with 2 Badminton courts marked out; walls beige wood panelling lower, cream upper; roof cream false ceiling tiles. Windows have light brown curtains.
- Get-in: through FOH entrance, 4 sets double doors, straight, flat 1.45M (4’9”) wide x 2.04M (6’8”)high.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- Blackout partial – windows have curtains but some stray light.
- Heating by gas roof heater units.
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- 2 part extending ladder & zip-up scaffold tower available.
- Power: 60amp 3-phase incomer in foyer cupboard by Gents toilets. 32amp single phase socket in stage left corner.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are dimmable fluorescent’s, switched from Bar at back of hall.
- 2 dressing rooms & separate toilets backstage.
– Kitchen available.