Information compiled July 2009 by Mick Andrew
Address: Cairndow, Argyll PA26 8BN
- Venue in village on old road, approx 300M north of Hotel, opposite side of road from loch. Small car park.
- Built late Victorian as school (closed 1988), hall upgraded in 1999.
- Capacity approx 60. Interlocking padded + non-interlocking plastic stacking chairs. Seating rake available.
- Mobile reception reasonable. Payphone in hall 01499 600363.
- Cairndow has hotel & post office. Banks, petrol and other services in Inveraray (10 miles). Café at Oyster Bar (2 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 14.73M (48’4”) long x 6.71M (22’) wide. Height at side walls 3.66M (12’) rising to 4.11M (13’6”) over centre. 3 roof beams in hall reduce height by 0.15M (6”).
- Staging rostra available – 8 x 1M sq sections at 0.25M height.
- Décor: floor polished light wood with Badminton Court markings; walls light pink; roof cream. Light blue window curtains.
- Get-in: long, through hall FOH, ramp outside, 90° turn through 2 x single doors into foyer, 90° turn through folding double doors into hall. No double doors into hall. Approx 20M van loading area to stage. 0.84M (2’9”) wide x 1.96M (6’5”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good, all skylights have blinds and windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by undefloor system.
- No Piano. Smoke Detector in hall. Hall has alarm system that beeps every 5 mins if any external door left open.
- A frame steps available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in store-room, 2 Dist. Boards. 13amp sockets on 32amp ring.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are dimmable fluorescents, switches in various places.
- Bar area can be made into Dressing Room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets. Shower available.
- Café area & bar lounge in building.