Invergarry, Glengarry Community Hall
Sept 2009 Mick Andrew
Address: Glengarry Community Hall, Invergarry, Inverness-shire PH35 4WW
- Venue on LHS of A87 (Kyle of Lochalsh Rd) heading out of village, next to shinty pitch. Car Park adjacent.
- Built 2006
- Capacity approx 120, folding chairs stacked on meat-racks.
- Limited mobile phone reception, nearest payphone in village (10 mins walk)
- Invergarry has petrol station, hotel, general store and Post Office. Nearest cashpoint Fort Augustus (6 miles). Banks and other services in Fort William (25 miles).
- Hall Details
- Hall Dimensions: 8.66M (28’ 5”) wide x 16M (52’6”) long. Height of side walls 3.7M (12’ 2”) rising to approx 6M (20’9”) at centre apex. Roof A-frame cross-section
- Staging available – 9 units of ‘Litedeck’ 2M x 1M @ 0.45M high, + 3 units 1M sq @ 0.45M high. Makes stage 7M wide x 3M deep. Treads available.
- Décor: Floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings, walls & roof light cream with light wood buttress roof supports. Black curtains on end wall behind area used as stage.
- Get-in: Reasonable – through hall FOH, 2 sets double doors, flat, straight, approx 15M from van loading area to stage area. 1.5M (4’11”) wide x 2M (6’7”) high.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- No blackout, 8 skylights & 2 doors have no blinds, side windows do have blinds.
- Heating by wall-mounted radiators.
- No piano. Smoke detectors in hall, linked to fire station so complex to isolate.
- Access equipment – not seen & assumed to be non-existent.
- Power: 100amp single-phase incomer in cupboard in foyer. 32amp single-phase cee-form socket located behind black curtain SR.
- No stage lighting
- Basic PA rig (a few microphones, amplifier & speakers)
- Houselights are switched fluorescents & wall lights, switched by hall entrance
- Room off hall used as dressing room, with separate toilets.
- Kitchen & Café available. Also Heritage Centre in building.