Iona Hall to be updated
IONA VILLAGE HALL
Mar 2012 Mick Andrew
Address: Iona Hall, Isle of Iona, Argyll PA76 6SJ
- Venue – from ferry head up road past Spar, Nunnery and turn left at top opposite school and hall is behind the Library. No Car Park.
- Built 1928
- Capacity approx 70 if performing on floor. Folding plastic chairs stored on meat-rack.
- Mobile reception variable on some networks only. Payphone by Spar store (1 min walk).
- Iona has Hotel, Spar general store, café and pub, and gift shops.
- Cashpoint at Fionnphort Ferry Shop. Petrol outside Fionnphort (via ferry) 3 miles. Banks and other services in Tobermory (52 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 13.46M (44’2”) long x 8.13M (26’8”) wide (width reduced to this by fitted benches). Height 3.45M (11’4”) flat false ceiling.
- Stage: 6.86M (22’6”) wide x 3.53M (11’7”) deep. Stage width reduces to 4.39M (14’5”) US. Height above stage 2.72M (8’11”), height of stage 0.76M (2’6”). No Crossover. Access treads either side mid stage.
- Décor: floor dark wood with Badminton Court markings; walls dark wood lower, white upper; roof false ceiling with white polystyrene tiles.
- Get-in: reasonable but involves blocking track outside hall. Through hall fire exit, straight, lip at door, 1 set double doors straight into hall. Approx 10M from van loading area to stage. 1.32M (4’4”) wide x 1.96M (6’5”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable, windows have venetian blinds & curtains.
- Heating by Calor Gas mobile units.
- No Piano. No Smoke Detectors.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 100amp single-phase incomer in foyer chair store. Distribution board in cupboard on east side at back of hall, nothing labelled. Stage sockets on 15amp trip paired with Kitchen. Wall sockets on 30amp trip each side.
- No stage lighting – disco rig only.
- Small P.A. – 4 Pegasus speakers, 2 amplifiers, Cassette, CD & 3 channel disco mixer
- Houselights are switched fluorescents within false ceiling, switches at back of hall.
- Stage can be used as Dressing Room area.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.