CARLOPS VILLAGE HALL
Address: Carlops Village Hall, Carlops nr Penicuik, Peebles-shire EH26 9NF https://carlops.net/home/
– Venue is on west side main A702 Edinburgh – Biggar road in
middle of village by church. Car park opposite venue.
- Built 2004.
- Capacity up to 80. Stacking, plastic, interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable, payphone by bus stop (1 min walk).
- Carlops has hotel. Cashpoint & general store in West Linton (3 miles), Banks, petrol and other services in Penicuik (6 miles).
– Hall Dimensions: approx 8M (26’3”) wide x 14M (46’) long. Height at side walls approx 2.7M (8’10”) rising to 4.1M(13’6”) in centre.
- Staging rostra: 15 decks 2M x 1M @ 0.8M high available. Can create stage 6M wide x 5M deep. Treads available. No wings or crossover. Black drapes available for masking. Rostra can be used to make a seating rake.
- Décor: floor light wood, no markings; walls and ceiling white. Curtains rust red.
- Get-in: up 5 steps from road, right & left turn and via fire exit double doors into hall. 1.3M (4’3”) wide x 2.1M (6’11”) high. Approx 8M from van loading area to hall.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable – all windows have lined curtains
- Heating by wall-mounted electric panel heaters.
- Upright piano available. Smoke detectors in hall.
- Ladder available (not seen).
- Power: Main incomer in kitchen, 63amp socket (phases unknown) in chair store off main hall, 13amp sockets on 32amp ring main.
- Stage lighting rig Zero88 2-preset desk, 12 channels dimmers, 12 x 650w fresnels & profile spots, 2 LX bars 8M long (6 sockets each) parallel along length of hall.
- Small PA – Eurorack mixer /amp, 2 wall-mounted speakers.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switched by hall entrance.
- Can use meeting room at far end of hall as dressing room. Showers available.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.