INSCH BENNACHIE LEISURE CENTRE
Apr 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: Bennachie Leisure Centre, Market Street, Insch, Aberdeenshire AB52 6LT Tel: 01464 821248 (Centre Manager).
https://www.blcinsch.scot/ Venue is staffed.
– Venue is north-west of village centre, on corner of Market St &
Largie Rd approx 200 metres off B992 Alford-Insch-Turriff road.
Car park at venue.
- Built 2000 as community leisure centre.
- Capacity up to 180. Plastic, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable. Payphone in village square (5 mins walk).
- Insch has cashpoint, guest houses, café and general store. Hotels nearby. Banks, petrol and other services in Huntly (13 miles) or Inverurie (15 miles).
– Hall Dimensions: 23.9M (78’4”) long x 17.9M (58’8”) wide. Height at side walls approx 6.5M (21’4”) rising to 9M (29’6”) at centre (apex roof). 3 roof trusses @ 6M (19’8”) height, with 2 cross trusses at same height.
- Staging rostra: 4 units 1M x 1.5M @ 0.23M height. Makes stage 4M wide x 1.5M deep.
- Décor: floor light wood (sprung) with various sports court markings; walls cream lower, green upper; roof white.
- Get-in: via centre front entrance, level, 2 double doors and along corridor with right angle turn through 3rd set double doors into hall (fairly wide turning circle) 1.5M (4’11”) wide x 2.04M (6’8”) high. Approx 40M from van loading area to hall performing area.
- Acoustics reverberant.
- Blackout good, no windows.
- Heating by wall-mounted red-glow heaters.
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in centre office. 13amp sockets in hall on 32amp trip.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched overhead sodium lights, switched from centre office.
- 2 changing rooms at other end of hall can be used as dressing rooms. Also nearer creche area available. Showers in changing rooms.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.
- Refreshments can be arranged