TOBERONOCHY HALL, Isle of Luing
Aug 2009 Mick Andrew
Address: Toberonochy hall, Isle of Luing, Oban, Argyll PA34 4UE
- Venue in Toberonochy village, turn right by village green and hall is 100M up road on RHS. No car parking.
- Built late Victorian, converted to hall late C20th.
- Capacity max 60 but extremely small hall. Padded stacking, and folding chairs. This is a very small hall.
- Mobile phone reception variable. Payphone in village (2 mins walk)
- No parking at hall and unloading van by hall requires blocking road.
- No services at Toberonochy. Shop/Post Office at Cullipol on island (3 miles). Banks, petrol, hotels and other services at Oban (by ferry) 17 miles. Luing has 1 B&B but no other accommodation.
- Last ferry is 6pm (Winter), 10pm (Summer)
- Hall Dimensions: 5.22M (17’2”) wide x 9.6M (31’6”) long. Height at side walls 3.15M (10’4”) rising to 4.77M (15’8”) over central area. Apex roof with flat false ceiling.
- No Stage
- Décor: Wood (tongue & groove), walls birch ply clad, roof white.
- Get-in: reasonable except for parking, through FOH, ramp or 4 steps with right angle turn into hall through single door, approx 15M from van to performing area. 0.86M (2’10”) wide x 2.01M (6’7”) high.
- Acoustics good
- Blackout good. All skylights have blinds – only small window above door needs blacking out.
- Heating by ceramic wall-mounted heaters.
- Upright Piano available. Hall has Heat Detectors.
- No Access equipment seen.
- Power: 100amp single-phase incomer at back of hall. 13amp sockets on 32amp ring main.
- No Stage lighting
- Sound – small PA available, 8 channel mixer amp and 2 speakers – designed for film use.
- Houselights are dimmable wall lights or switched fluorescents, switches by entrance.
- Storeroom can be cleared as Dressing Room area.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.