LOSSIEMOUTH TOWN HALL
May 2010 Mick Andrew
Address: High St, Lossiemouth, Moray IV31 6PF
- Venue in town centre. Parking on street.
- Built late Victorian era
- Capacity: If stage used 234, if performing on floor approx 130, loose stacking chairs & 54 fixed seats on balcony.
- Lossiemouth has banks/cash-point, petrol, shops, mini-markets, hotels, cafes.
- Hall Dimensions: 9.91M (32’6”) wide x 14.33M (47’) from stage front to balcony overhang; balcony depth 3.2M (10’6”). Height above approx 9.14M (30’). Roof is flat.
- Stage: Pros arch with wings, slight rake, stage has bowed front. Pros opening 6.78M (22’3) wide x 4.87M (16’) depth to back grey tabs; 6.91M (22’8”) depth to back wall from centre of bowed stage front. Height to LX battens 3.05M (10’); height of stage 1.1M (3’7”); wings 1.57M (5’2”) SR, 1.34M (4’5”) SL.
Access to stage by stairs either side from hall.
- Décor: Floor dark wood with no markings; walls cream lower, mustard brown upper; roof light brown. Stage FOH tabs gold, legs & back drape light grey, borders black.
- Get-in: Reasonable – through Hall FOH, ramped access, 2 sets double doors into hall from street, not straight (doors offset from each other), approx 20M from FOH door to stage. 1.04M (3’5”) wide x 2.23M (7’4”) high.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- Blackout reasonable, windows have roller blinds.
- Heating by quartz red-glow wall mounted heaters.
- Upright piano, 6 smoke detectors in hall and 2 above stage.
- Small A-frame steps and 2-part extending ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in SL wing c/w 63amp single-phase cee-form socket in cupboard below dist. board. No 13amp sockets on stage.
- No stage lighting equipment.
- Sound: small rig with 2 speakers & TOA 6 channel mixer amp.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents (switches in SL wing).
- Dressing room off USL with toilet, also downstairs meeting room available.
- Kitchen available downstairs
- FOH has foyer and counter