CRAIGELLACHIE VILLAGE HALL
May 2015 Mick Andrew
Address: John St, Craigellachie, Aberlour, Banffshire, AB38 9SW
- Venue is on John Street in middle of the village between the A95 and A941 roads. Car parking in adjacent grassed area off street.
- Built 1932.
- Capacity approx 150 if stage used, up to 100 if performing on floor. Non-interlocking plastic stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable.
- Craigellachie has a hotel, pub, Petrol Station & Convenience Store with cashpoint, and a Post Office. Also 2 distilleries and UK’s only cooperage. Banks in Aberlour (2 miles). Other services in Elgin (13 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 8.25M (27’1”) wide x 16.21M (53’2”) long. Width reduced to 7.05M (23’1”) between fixed storage trunks that are a third of the way along hall. Height at side walls 3.36M (11’) rising to 4.45M (14’7”) over central area.
- Stage: 5.86M wide (19’3”) x 2.1M (6’11”) deep. Width reduced upstage by recessed access treads. Height to grid 2.82M (9’3”), height of stage 0.84M (2’9”). Crossover through back room. Access treads USL & USR.
- Décor: floor dark wood with darker wood inlaid Badminton Court markings; walls polished dark wood cladding lower, white upper and white roof. Window curtains maroon, FOH tabs maroon, back stage drape beige.
- Get-in: long – through FOH entrance, up 6 steps from street to hall and further 2 steps into hall. Right angle turn into hall. Approx 30M from van loading area on street to stage. 1.36M (4’5”) wide x 2.06M (6’9”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable, all windows have unlined dark red curtains.
- Heating by radiators.
- No Piano. 2 smoke detectors in hall – control panel not seen.
- Large and smaller stepladders available.
- Power: 100amp single-phase incomer located in smaller hall behind stage. 13amp twin sockets in hall on 32amp trip.
- Basic stage lighting – switched track spots, non-dimmable.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are dimmable wall up-lighters, switched from small hall behind USL side.
- Smaller hall can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- Disabled toilet is backstage, but no dedicated separate toilets.