MALLAIG & MORAR COMMUNITY CENTRE
Mar 2012 Mick Andrew
Address: West Bay, Mallaig, Inverness-shire PH41 4PX 01687 460039
http://www.mmcca.btck.co.uk/ Venue has part-time staff.
- Venue is on left hand side of main A830 road into Mallaig, beyond car park & opposite railway station. Car parking in adjacent car park.
- Built 2000 with Library & community café as part of complex.
- Capacity up to 150 seated. Seating can be tiered if arranged. Plastic, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good. Payphone in foyer 01687 460036
- Mallaig has most services.
- Hall Dimensions: 9.78M (32’1”) wide x 17.82M (58’6”) long. Height at side walls 5.54M (18’2”) rising to approx 9.14M (30’) at apex.
- Staging rostra available: 35 units of 0.9M x 0.75M Topdeck rostra @ 0.5M high, can make stage of 6.3M wide x 3.75M deep. Crossover through back corridor. Access treads for rostra both sides. Rostra can be used to tier seating.
- Décor: wood laminate with Badminton Court markings; walls pine-clad with pine acoustic treatment panels, upper back wall behind stage is white; roof white with ‘glulam’ roof supports.
- Get-in: through hall fire exits behind stage, ramp, 2 sets of double doors, straight into hall. Approx 10M from van loading area to stage. 1.52M (5’) wide x 1.98M (6’6”) high.
- Acoustics good – hall has been acoustically treated.
- Blackout good. Roof skylights have blinds.
- Heating by wall-mounted ceramic heaters.
- No piano. Hall has smoke detectors, possible to isolate if arranged.
- 3-part extending ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer, 3 x 63amp single-phase sockets at back of hall behind stage left.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are dimmable up-lighters or switched fluorescents. Switches by hall entrance.
- Small meeting rooms in side corridor can be used as dressing rooms.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilets
- Community café in building – variable opening hours.