ROSEHALL VILLAGE HALL
Mar 2014 Mick Andrew
Address: Altass, Rosehall by Lairg, Sutherland IV27 4EU
- Venue is on road to school off A837, approx 1 mile east from junction with A839 near Altass (2 miles from Rosehall village). Hall is signposted. Small car park.
- Built 1932 and extended & upgraded in 1994 & in 2012.
- £1 coin meter for heater booster only
- Capacity approx 100 if stage used, 60 if performing on floor. Stacking padded non-interlocking chairs.
- Very limited mobile reception, nearest payphone in Rosehall (2 miles)
- Rosehall/Invercassley has Hotel and small shop. Petrol, Bank/cashpoint & other services in Lairg (8 miles)
– Hall Dimensions: 8.26M (27’1”) wide x 14.2M (46’7”) long. Height at side walls 3.5M (11’6”) rising to 5.7M (18’8”) at apex. Height to roof trusses (4 of) 4.19M (13’9”). 8 Heaters @ 3.6M (11’10”) height. Apex type roof with trusses.
– Stage: 6.1M (20’) wide x 2.9M (9’6”) deep with extension, 2.38M (7’10”) deep without extension. Height of stage 0.63M (2’1”). Access to stage by stairs SR. Pros arch, no wings or crossover. Stage is off centre.
- Décor: Floor wood with Badminton Court markings, walls cream, roof white, roof trusses & tie bars lilac/pale mauve. FOH tabs dark green.
- Get-in: Lengthy – up 12 steps outside or zig-zag ramp, through FOH lobby entrance, 2 sets double doors with right angle turn, 1 step into hall, approx 30M from van loading to stage. 1.27M (4’2”) wide x 1.93M (6’4”) high. Approx 25M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout partial, most windows have light coloured blinds but only limited blackout achieved.
- Heating by overhead heaters.
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- Small stepladder available.
- Power: 100amp 2-phase incomer in corridor by stage & kitchen. 13amp sockets on stage & on adjacent wall are on 16amp trip, sockets at FOH end of hall & entrance lobby on 32amp trip. Only 2 twin sockets in hall and 2 twin sockets on stage.
- Stage Lighting – small portable rig available (8 x 300w Par56 cans & stands).
- Small Peavey portable sound system, 6 channel 500 watt mixer amp, 2 speakers, a few microphones.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents or switched wall uplighters. Switches at both ends of hall.
- Meeting room available, can be used as dressing room but also used for interval refreshments. Stage could be used as dressing room area.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.