POOLEWE VILLAGE HALL
Sept 1997 Mick Andrew
Address: Poolewe Village Hall, Poolewe, Ross-shire IV22 2LD
- Venue is in middle of village on east side of main A832 road near Pool House Hotel. Car park at venue.
- Built 1960’s and extended and substantially upgraded in 2004
- Capacity approx 130 if staging used.
- Mobile reception variable.
- Poolewe has general store, hotels, café and Post Office. Banks, cashpoint & petrol at Gairloch (5 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: (adapted from measurements taken when permanent stage existed and adjusted to current plan). 7.57M (24’10”) wide x 20.83M (68’4”) long. Height at side walls 3.23M (10’7”) rising to 4.67M (15’4”) at apex.
- Staging available – no details but assumed to be at least 6M wide x 3M deep: No crossover. Access treads available.
- Décor: floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings; walls wood-clad lower, white upper, roof white & light blue.
- Get-in: through hall fire exit, double doors with ramp outside. Approx 10M from van loading area to performing area. Approx 1.47M (4’10”) wide x 1.93M (6’4”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable – all windows have lined curtains, but fire exit door windows not covered.
- Heating by underfloor system.
- Piano unknown. Smoke detectors in hall.
- Access equipment not seen.
- Power: not seen but assumed to be 100amp 3-phase incomer in foyer.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents.
- Backstage store can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilet, also showers available.