INVERGORDON ARTS CENTRE
Oct 2001 Mick Andrew
Address: Invergordon Arts Centre, High St, Invergordon, Ross-shire IV18 0EL. 01349 854414. Venue run by Highland Council.
- Venue is on north side of High St in town centre. Small car park at rear of venue, otherwise parking on street.
- Built as Town hall in 1871, converted to Playhouse Cinema in 1934 and into Arts centre in 1988. Grade B listed building.
- Capacity 99 fixed seats on tiered rake, padded, tip-up style and a further 14 seats can be added in.
- Mobile reception good.
- Invergordon has all services.
- Stage: Old raised stage removed. 6.55M (21’6”) wide x 7.01M (23’) deep. Height of proscenium 5.33M (17’6”). Stage has fly tower – height to grid approx 8.53M (28’). Wings 1.24M (4’1”) both sides. Crossover through back dressing rooms. Stage has 5 hemp sets & 2 winch bars, but tie-off cleats are at height of original raked stage so need ladder to reach these. 15 hemp bar positions possible.
- Décor: black box stage, auditorium walls maroon/red, roof maroon red with white mouldings. FOH tabs red.
- Get-in: through side fire exit and access from car park at rear. 1 set double doors into space. Approx 20M from van loading area to stage. 1.12M (3’8”) wide x 2.18M (7’2”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout perfect.
- Heating by radiators.
- No piano. Smoke detector in auditorium.
- Extending ladder and small steps available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer. 2 x 32amp & 1 x 16amp single-phase sockets in SL wing.
- Stage lighting rig – ADB Tango 18 channel 2 preset desk in control room, 12 patchable dimmers, FOH LX bar & 2 winchable stage LX bars, mix of Strand 650w lanterns.
- Small portable sound system – mixer/amp, speakers, CD & mics.
- Houselights are dimmable roof lights operated from tech box.
- 2 dressing rooms backstage with separate toilets.
- Kitchen available in FOH.