STONEYBRIDGE HALL, S.UIST
March 2002 Mick Andrew
Address: Stoneybridge Hall, Stoneybridge, Isle of South Uist, Outer Hebrides HS8 5SD.
- Venue is on road into Stoneybridge, west from main A865 road, adjacent to school (now closed). Car park at venue.
- Built 1980’s and refurbished around 2010.
- Capacity approx 80. Padded, stacking, fold-flat metal-framed chairs.
- Mobile reception variable. Payphone in foyer 01870 620360.
- There are no services at Stoneybridge. Banks & cashpoints, petrol, Hotels, general stores at Daliburgh (9 miles) or Balivanich (15 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 8.1M (26’7”) wide x 13.72M (45’) long. Height at side walls 2.62M (8’7”) rising to approx 7.32M (24’) at apex. Roof has steep pitch.
- Small stage under balcony – approx 3.35M (11’)wide x 4.88M (8’) deep.
- Décor: floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings., walls & roof white.
- Get-in: through main entrance, flat, 3 sets double doors, & right angle turn into foyer. Approx 1M wide x 2M high.
- Acoustics reasonable.
- No blackout – roof has 2 triangular skylights, 4 Velux windows and 2 porthole windows with no covering.
- Heating by roof mounted re-glow quartz heaters.
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- No access equipment.
- Power: unknown but assumed to be minimum 60amp single phase. 6 x twin 13amp sockets in hall & stage area.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched sodium’s, switched by hall entrance.
- No dressing room but lounge space exists.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.