GIGHA VILLAGE HALL
Aug 2009 Mick Andrew
Address: Gigha Village Hall, Achamore, Isle of Gigha, Argyll PA41 7AD
- Venue is south of village centre, from pier proceed to village and turn left. Approx ½ mile south, turn right (signed to Achamore Gardens, & Village Hall). Hall is on right approx 100M from junction. Small car park.
- Built 1950’s, renovated in 2002.
- Capacity approx 60-70. Stacking padded chairs. This is a small hall
- Mobile reception reasonable. Payphone in village centre (1/2 mile)
- Gigha has General Store, Post Office + cashpoint, Hotel, café, craft shops and petrol. Banks and other services (via ferry) in Campbeltown (20 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 6.9M (22’8”) wide x 14.32M (47’) long. Height at side walls 2.37M (7’9”) rising to 3.76M (12’4”) at apex. 7 roof support members reduce height at sides to 2.04M (6’8”). Roof apex type.
- Staging available: 9 rostra sections 1.22M (4’) square @ 0.46M (1’6”) high. Treads available.
- Décor: Floor light wood laminate with Badminton Court markings; walls maroon lower, white upper & white roof.
- Get-in: Good – through side fire exit, 1 set double doors, straight, flat, approx 5M from van to stage. 1.58M (5’2”0 wide x 1.99M (6’6”) high.
- Acoustics good
- Blackout reasonable, all windows have unlined curtains.
- Heating by ‘Dimplex’ wall mounted electric heaters.
- No Piano. Smoke Detectors at back of hall, no panel seen so unknown if isolation is possible.
- No access equipment seen, but assumed can be made available.
- Power: 2 x 100amp single-phase incomers (1 for heating, 1 for everything else), located in hall foyer. 13amp sockets on 30amp ring main, cooker on 40amp trip.
- Stage lighting – small system available, 5 x Par56 cans & 4-channel controller. Some club lighting FX units.
- Sound – small system available, 2 speakers, mixer amplifier & CD.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switches at hall entrance.
- Storeroom can be used as Dressing Room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate Toilets, but Gents can be used as backstage toilet if public use Disabled & Ladies toilets FOH.