KYLE HALL, KYLE OF LOCHALSH
April 2002 Mick Andrew
Address: Kyle Hall, Main Street, Kyle of Lochalsh, Ross-shire
- Venue is on left hand side of Main St as heading towards Plockton approx ¼ mile from village centre. Small car park at venue.
- Built 1932.
- Capacity up to 150 if stage used, approx 100 if performing on floor. Stacking, plastic, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good.
- Kyle of Lochalsh has most services.
- Hall Dimensions: 8.74M (28’8”) wide x 15.8M (51’10”) long. Height at side walls 3.56M (11’8”) rising to 4.72M (15’6”) over main part of hall.
- Stage: 5.64M (18’6”) wide x 4.95M (16’3”) deep. Height of pros arch 3.3M (10’10”), height of stage approx 0.91M (3’). Wing stage right 1.73M (5’8”), no wing stage left. No crossover. Access treads off stage left into side corridor or backstage into Lesser Hall. Stage has black walls but no masking.
- Décor: floor dark wood with Badminton Court markings; walls light green lower, white upper, roof white with dark wood support beams. Stage tabs maroon, window curtains maroon.
- Get-in: via side fire exit, single door from car park, ramp & 2 steps outside, straight into hall. Approx 5M from van loading area to stage. 1M (3’3”) wide x 2.08M (6’10”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good – all windows have lined curtains
- Heating by wall-mounted quartz red-glow heaters on £1 coin meter.
- Upright piano available. No smoke detectors in hall.
- Extending ladder and scaffold tower available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in Lesser Hall behind stage.
- Small stage lighting rig (old) – Junior 8 dimmer in stage right wing, 2 x 500w profile spots on FOH perches, 2 x 500w spots & 11 x 150w floods on 2 stage LX bars.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switches by fire exit in front of stage.
- Lesser Hall, behind stage, can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilet.
- Community Café upstairs.