YETHOLM WAUCHOPE HALL
Feb 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: Wauchope Hall, Main St, Town Yetholm nr Kelso, Borders TD5 8RA. http://onlineborders.org.uk/directory/wauchope-hall-town-yetholm
– Venue is near north end of Town Yetholm Main/High St by
Bowmont Terrace on B6401. Car parking on street.
- Built as Victorian church and converted to hall in 1919, refurbished 1999.
- Capacity up to 120 if stage used, approx 70 if perform on floor. Stacking, non-interlocking, plastic chairs
- Mobile reception reasonable. Payphone on street near bus stop.
- Yetholm has general store, pub, petrol. Banks and all other services in Kelso (7 miles).
– Hall Dimensions: 8.13M (26’8”)wide x 13.26M (43’6”) long. Side walls set at a slight angle. Height at side walls 5.64M (18’6”), rising to central area 6.1M (20’) over most of hall.
- Stage: Proscenium opening 5.39M (17’8”) wide x 2.9M (9’6”) high. Depth 3.2M (10’6”) with 0.79M (2’7”) extension available @ 4.27M (14’ width). Max height above 3.89M (12’9”), height of stage 0.91M (3’). No wings or crossover. Access treads from stage to hall via corridors either side of stage.
- Décor: floor wood with Badminton Court markings; walls dark wood panelling lower, pale yellow upper; roof white ceiling tiles. Stage has patterned grey/green FOH tabs and white drapes.
- Get-in: through FOH foyer, straight, flat, 2 sets doors (single and double) 1.09M (3’7”) wide x 1.88M (6’2”) high. Approx 15M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable – all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by radiators.
- Upright Piano on stage. No smoke detectors.
- No access equipment seen.
- Power: 80amp single phase incomer distro board in kitchen backstage. Limited 13amp sockets in hall.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents or wall uplighters, switches in stage right corridor.
- Backstage chair store can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available backstage.
- Separate backstage toilet. Also ladies toilets are behind stage.