LEVERBURGH, HARRIS, AN TALLA
Mar 2014 Mick Andrew
Address: An Talla, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris HS5 3TS
- Venue is on main A859 road in middle of village across road from Community Co-op, near school. Small car park.
- Built in 2002.
- Capacity 74 on retractable seating rake. Capacity can be increased to 100, if smaller performing area used. Folding non-stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception variable. Hall has payphone (01859 520491).
- Leverburgh has Community Co-op General Store, Café & petrol, Post Office & café/restaurant with licensed bar at pier. Banks and other services at Tarbert (21 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 10.1M (33’2”) wide x 14.8M (48’7”) long. Retractable seating takes up 1.1M when stored, and extends out by 5.5M (18’1”). There is a balcony overhang of 1.4M (4’7”) at Hall entrance (Stage Right). There are 4 pillars in hall reducing active performing width to 7.5M (24’7”) and performing depth to 7.1M (23’4”) with seats and staging in. Height approx 6M (19’ 8”) at pillars rising to approx 8.5M (27’11”) at apex.
- Stage: portable staging available – 15 carpeted sections 1M sq @ 0.61M (2’) high, making 5M x 3M stage with treads. This is permanently installed to depth of 2M and will need removal for large shows.
- Décor: floor light wood laminate, no markings, walls light yellow, white roof. Pillars & roof beams light green.
- Get-in: reasonable, easiest through fire exit & baby/toddler room, opposite main hall entrance. 1 double and 1 single door, flat, straight. Approx 10M from van loading area to stage area. 0.75M (2’6”) wide x 2.02M (6’7”) high. Are wider doors FOH, 3 sets, (1.5M wide) but 5 steps or ramp outside.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good – high windows have curtains, other windows have blinds.
- Heating by wall heaters, a bit noisy due to fans.
- No Piano. Smoke Detectors in hall, can be isolated.
- Large A-frame ladder available.
- Power: 200amp 3-phase incomer in storeroom between crèche and kitchen.
- Stage lighting – 2 dimmable stage spotlights on pillars.
- Sound equipment – 16-2 Mixer and 2 self-powered speakers..
- Houselights are dimmable uplighters or switched down-lighters, switches by hall entrance.
- Side room can be used as Dressing Room.
- Kitchen available.
- Café/bar area in hall.
- No separate toilets but disabled toilet is adjacent to side (changing) room. Toilets have shower cubicles.