BOWHILL LITTLE THEATRE
Feb 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: Bowhill House, Selkirk, Selkirkshire TD7 5ET Tel: 01750 22204
– Venue is part of Bowhill House estate approx 3 miles west of
Selkirk off A708 road to Moffat. Follow directions to Bowhill
House. Car parking at Bowhill House. Venue is staffed.
- Built as part of Courtyard of House in 1800’s and converted to theatre in 1989 and owned by Buccleuch Heritage Trust.
- Capacity 72 fixed padded tip-up seats.
- Mobile reception limited.
- All services in Selkirk (3 miles)
- Stage: 4.8M (15’9”) wide x 3.96M (13’) deep. Height above 2.36M (7’9”), height of stage 0.46M (1’6”). No wing stage right, wing stage left 2.14M (7’). No crossover.
- Décor: black box stage with dancefloor covering on wood. FOH tabs red, stage drapes black
- Get-in: through fire exit stage right, single door with disabled ramp and railings outside – right angle turn 1.07M (3’6”) wide x 2.49M (8’2”) high, max turning circle for 2D objects approx 2.74M (9’). Approx 5M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good – all windows have blackout blinds.
- Heating by wall heaters.
- Upright piano available. Smoke detector in theatre.
- A-frame steps available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in control room. 2 x 32amp single phase sockets (feed house dimmers).
- Stage lighting rig – Zero88 12 channel 2-preset desk, 12 channels patchable dimming with 30 circuits available, 4 x 650w profile spots, 6 x 650w fresnels. LX grid above stage and auditorium.
- PA system Dynacord PowerMate 600 10-2 mixer amp, TOA speakers & monitor wedge, CD player, mics & DI boxes. Induction loop fitted.
- Houselights are dimmable rooflights controlled from FOH entrance or Control Room.
- 1 dressing room with separate toilet.
- Café in Main House complex.