GAIRLOCH COMMUNITY HALL
Feb 2014 Mick Andrew
Address: Auchtercairn, Gairloch, Ross-shire, IV21 2BP
- Venue is set back from road junction for Strath off main A832, adjacent to schools and museum, behind police station. Car Park available.
- Built 1976 as school hall & dining room. Became Community Hall in 1995, combined with village public toilets.
- Capacity approx 80-100 seated, greater if stage used, padded stacking chairs. Small seating rake available.
- Mobile reception reasonable.
- Gairloch & Strath have mini-markets, shops, bank/cash-point, petrol, chandlers, hotels, and cafes.
– Hall Dimensions: 9.1M (29’10”) wide x 18M (59’1”) long.
Height at sides 5.23M (17’ 2”), rising to approx 6.1M (20’) in centre. Roof has A-type profile.
– Stage: 8M (26’3”) wide x 4.87M (16’) deep to white backcloth. Width within black legs is 5.49M (18’).
1.22M (4’) deep crossover behind drapes. Pros height 3.53M (11’7”), height above stage 4.88M (16’), height of stage 0.46M (1’6”).
Access treads available
– Overhead rigging possible via 29 roof trusses over hall space.
- Décor: Floor light wood with Badminton Court marked, walls cream with white acoustic panels upper, roof wood trusses. Stage maroon FOH drapes, black legs & white backcloth.
- Get-in: Reasonable – through FOH 2 single doors & 1 set double doors, straight, flat, approx 25M from van loading area to stage. 0.9M (3’) wide x 2.01M (6’6”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- No blackout, 9 windows high up on hall right.
- Heating by underfloor system.
- No piano, hall has smoke detectors (need code to isolate).
- Scaffold tower available as access equipment.
- Power: 80amp single-phase incomer outside community car scheme room adjacent to lounge & kitchen. Limited single 13amp sockets in hall, on 32amp trip. Stage power on separate distribution board in Stage Right wing – 13amp sockets on 15amp rated trip ring main.
- Small stage lighting rig 4 x Par cans either side, pulsar dimmer packs, 2 x 650w fresnels FOH side walls on hard power.
- Small portable sound system, 20-2 Peavey mixer amp, pair of Peavey 500watt hi/mid range and bass cabinet speakers, some mics available.
- Houselights are dimmable down-lighters (switched by FOH entrance) or fluorescents (switched by kitchen serving hatch).
- No dressing rooms (use stage as dressing room)
- Separate toilet behind stage by Gairloch Times office, needs to be unlocked.
- Kitchen & Lounge available
- Hall toilets are Public Toilets.