MULL, DERVAIG HALL
May 2008 Mick Andrew
Address: Dervaig Village Hall, Dervaig, Isle of Mull, Argyll PA75 6GN
- Venue is on RHS of B8073 road as approaching from Tobermory, just up hill from Hotel and village centre. Car Park available.
- Built 2000 with combined Bunkhouse.
- Capacity approx 120 if staging used, 80 if performing on floor. Plastic, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception limited and only some networks. Payphone in foyer 01688 400400.
- Dervaig has hotel and general store. Banks, petrol and other services at Tobermory (9 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 15M (49’3”) long x 8.33M (27’4”) wide. Height at side walls 6.2M (20’4”) rising to approx 7.62M (25’) at apex.
- Staging rostra available with access treads – can form small stage, no details available. No crossover.
- Décor: floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings; walls pine clad lower, cream upper; roof cream. Pine rails on balcony and wood roof trusses in clerestory recess.
- Get-in: long with door restrictions (handles obstruct) – through hall FOH & foyer, flat, through 1 set double doors & 2 single doors with 90º turn. Max turning length 3M. Approx 30M from van loading area to stage. 0.76M (2’6”) wide x 2.01M (6’7”) high. No double doors into hall
- Acoustics fairly reverberant.
- Blackout partial – hall left balcony has blackout curtains but nothing for hall right windows.
- Heating by 10 infra-red quartz red glow heaters on £1 coin meter.
- Upright piano available. Smoke detectors in hall.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in locked room next to payphone in foyer. 63amp 3-phase socket in storeroom near back of hall left side
- Small stage lighting rig – No desk, 1 Strand Act 6 dimmer with faders, 2 650w profile spots, 2 650w fresnels, 2 500w floods. 2 LX rails on balconies – 1 each side
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switches at hall entrances.
- 2 changing rooms can be used as Dressing Rooms.
- Kitchen available but shared with Hall bunkhouse – needs arranging if use required.
- No separate toilets but non-public access from dressing rooms exists. Showers available.