BRAEMAR VILLAGE HALL
Address: Mar Road, Braemar, Ballater, Aberdeenshire AB35 5YL. Tel: 01339 741220 www.braemarvillagehall.btck.co.uk/
– Venue is in village centre on road to Linn of Dee, turn west off
main A93 road in centre onto Invercauld Rd, past Tourist Info,
continuing into Mar Road and venue is 300M along this road on
south side. Venue has hall-keeper. On-street car parking.
- Built in 1887 as community hall by Laird of Mar Estate.
- Capacity up to 160 including 79 padded tip-up seats on seating rake. Padded, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable, payphone in village centre near Tourist Info (2 mins walk).
- Braemar has Bank (open 2 days a week) & cashpoint, hotels, cafes, pubs, general store, and petrol. Other services in Ballater (17 miles).
Hall Details (NB – all dimensions are approximate)
– Hall Dimensions: 19M (56’) long x 8.9M (29’2”) wide. Height at side walls 3M (9’10”) rising to 4M (13’2”) flat roof.
- Stage: Proscenium opening 5M (16’5”) wide x 3.2M (10’6”) high, stage depth 5.8M (19’) to back wall. Wings 1.35M (4’5”) stage left, 3.5M (11’6”) stage right. Crossover behind back drapes. 5-step portable treads available and stage stair access is up stage left. Black box drapes on stage. Staging rostra available.
- Décor: floor polished wood, no markings; walls light grey/brown wood panelled lower, white upper; roof white with black wood supports. Stage has maroon FOH tabs. Black drapes on track surround seating rake.
- Get-in: Level access through foyer into hall, from van right angle turn from outside covered veranda through double doors into foyer and double doors into hall. Approx 15M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout excellent.
- Heating by radiators.
- Piano (unknown). No smoke detectors.
- 3-part Xarges ladder available.
- Power: Unknown but assumed to be 100amp 3-phase incomer.
- Stage lighting – Zero88 48channel desk (Leapfrog), 48 patchable dimmers, 2 x 1200w profile spots, 15 x 650w profile spots, 19 x 500w fresnels & PC’s, 14 x Par56, 4 x 500w floods. Followspot available. Various LX bars FOH and on stage. Full details on request.
- Sound equipment – 3 mixers available (Yamaha & Soundcraft), amps and 4 wall-mounted speakers. Microphones & CD player, also comms system. Details on request.
- AV – projector and screen available.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, but venue floods can be used via lighting dimmers.
- Small hall by stage can be used as dressing room, with separate toilet adjacent.
- Kitchen available.
- Refreshments can be arranged.
All photos courtesy of John MacPherson