CULLODEN ACADEMY THEATRE
Oct 2005 Mick Andrew
Address: Culloden Academy, Keppoch Road, Culloden, Inverness
IV2 7JZ. 01463 790851 Venue is staffed.
- Venue is at east end of Keppoch Rd, opposite end from shops in Culloden village, approx 2 miles east of Inverness. Car park at venue.
- Built 1982 as part of Academy.
- Capacity 338 on theatre style tiered fixed padded seating.
- Mobile reception good.
- Inverness has all services and Culloden has small range of shops, hotels & cafes.
- Stage: 15.24M (50’) at widest point, downstage, tapering back to 7.21M (23’8”) at extreme upstage. 7.62M (25’) deep. Height above to proscenium 4.42M (14’6”). Fly-tower above. Crossover behind back black.
- Décor: floor beige tiles, walls brick, roof white. Stage has full set of blacks. FOH tabs rust red.
- Get-in: long on south side of complex – right hand side of main entrance – 3 sets double doors & 2 x 90º turns. Approx 40M from van loading area to stage. 1.52M (5’) wide x 2.03M (6’8”) high.
- Acoustics slightly deadened.
- Blackout good.
- Heating by underfloor system.
- Grand piano available. No smoke detectors seen.
- Access equipment assumed to exist (large A-frame steps).
- Power: 400amp 3-phase incomer to school.
- Full theatre stage lighting rig (possibly updated) Tempus 30 channel 2 preset desk, Strand non-patchable dimmers (under seating bank), 8 x 1kw profile spots, 7 x 650w profile spots, 13 x 650w fresnels, flood battens (all Rank Strand equipment). All LX bars dead hung @ approx 6.1M (20’). FOH LX positions & 2 x stage LX bars + flood LX bar.
- Theatre PA system – Peavey 16-2-2 mixer, Peavey amps and wall mounted speakers & monitor wedges, selection of mics & stands, CD player, & various mic & speaker tie lines around space.
- Projector & screen available – no details.
- Houselights are dimmable roof-lights or switched fluorescents. Operated from control room or stage right corner.
- Classrooms used as dressing rooms.
- No separate toilets.
- School canteen kitchen exists – use by arrangement.