March 2002 Mick Andrew
Address: Abriachan Hall, Abriachan by Drumnadrochit, Inverness-shire IV3 8LE
- Venue is on right hand side of road into Abriachan as approaching from A82 & Loch Ness. Small car park at venue.
- Built 1920 and refurbished in 2001.
- Capacity approx 40. Wooden non-stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable. Payphone approx 225 metres away, west (2 mins walk).
- There are no services at Abriachan. Hotels, bank & cashpoint, general store and petrol at Drumnadrochit (7 miles), other services at Inverness (11 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 5.69M (18’8”) wide x 11.79M (38’8”) long. Height at side walls 2.84M (9’4”) rising to 3.61M (11’10”) over central flat area.
- Staging rostra available: 8 x 0.75M sq units @ 0.5M high, makes 3M x 1.5M stage. Crossover through back corridor. Access steps.
- Décor: floor restored wood, no markings; walls wood panelled (warm mahogany); roof white panelled within wood framework.
- Get-in: through hall foyer, up 4 steps, through single and double doors into hall. Approx 20M from van loading area to stage. 0.86M (2’10”) wide x 2.03M (6’8”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- No blackout – 4 windows in hall.
- Heating by wall-mounted ceramic units. Heaters on £1 coin meter
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- Small stepladder available.
- Power: 100amp single-phase incomer in back room. Stage lighting on 32amp trip.
- Small stage lighting rig – Zero88 Level 12 desk, 1 Betapack dimmer non-patchable, 6 x 500w fresnels on FOH LX bar.
- Small PA – Carlsboro mixer amp, 2 speakers, 2 mics & CD player.
- Houselights are switched wall lanterns or fluorescents – switches in FOH foyer.
- Small room behind stage can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.