To be Updated…
INVERIE HALL, KNOYDART
May 2015 Mick Andrew
Address: Inverie, Knoydart by Mallaig, Inverness-shire PH41 4PL
Contact via Knoydart Foundation Office.
- Venue is along from Tearoom by old jetty, on opposite side of road. Vehicles need Highland Council permit for access to Knoydart, by ferry landing craft from Mallaig. Max vehicle size for ferry is 5 metres or Short Wheel Base transit van. Requires special booking.
- Built in 1958.
- Capacity up to 60. Folding padded non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception very limited and not all networks. Payphone by Post Office (1 min walk from hall).
- Inverie has a pub, tearoom/café, 1 small shop. All other services in Mallaig (by 30 min ferry – daily service).
- Hall Dimensions: 6M (19’8”) wide x 9.06M (29’9”) long. Height at side walls 2.71M (8’11”) rising to 3.26M (10’8”) over central area.
- Stage: 3M (9’10”) wide x 2.08M (6’10”) deep, extension creates depth of 2.89M (9’6”). Height above 2.61M (8’7”), height of stage 0.67M (2’2”). No Crossover. Access treads through up-stage door entrance.
- Décor: floor dark wood no markings; walls lower pink/orange, upper and ceiling white.
- Get-in: Reasonable, up 4 steps, through 1 set double doors, right angle turn and single door into hall. Approx 10M from van loading area to stage. 0.85M (2’9”) wide x 1.97M (6’6”) high.
– Acoustics good.
- Blackout good – all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by wall convector heaters.
- No Piano. No Smoke Detectors.
- Small stepladder available.
- Power: 63amp single-phase incomer located in entrance lobby. 13amp sockets on 30amp trip.
- No Stage lighting
- Small sound rig available, 20-4-2 Eurodesk SH2442 mixer, TSA2200 pro-power amplifier, 2 Behringer 200watt speakers, 2 monitor speakers, 2 SM58 & 2 SM57 mics & stands, 1 x DI box and cables.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switches by entrance lobby.
- Room backstage can be used as a dressing room.
- Small Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.