MULL, TOBERMORY AN TOBAR
Nov 2014 Mick Andrew
Address: An Tobar Art Gallery, Argyll Terrace, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, Argyll PA75 6PB Tel: 01688 302211 http://www.comar.co.uk
- Venue on Argyll Terrace in upper town next to church. Car parking on street (limited). Venue is staffed.
- Built late Victorian era as town school and converted to an Art gallery in 1996.
- Capacity approx 55. Padded non-interlocking stacking chairs
- Mobile phone reception reasonable.
- Tobermory has Bank & cashpoint, petrol, hotels, cafes, general store and most services.
- Hall Dimensions: 6.7M (22’) wide x 8.84M (29’) long. Height above 4.57M (15’)
- Stage: 4.88M (16’) wide x 2.44M (8’) deep x 0.64M (2’1”) high. No Crossover. Access treads off Stage Right.
- Décor: Floor old t&g wood, walls light grey/green, ceiling darker grey/green. Stage has back black & side black masking.
- Get-in: lengthy, park on street outside, ramped access through emergency exit with right angle turn into performing space, 2 single doors. Approx 30M from van loading to stage. 0.84M (2’9”) wide x 1.98M (6’6”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good, all windows have shutters.
- Heating by underfloor system.
- Baby Grand Piano available. Smoke Detector in hall.
- Large A-frame ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in adjacent workshop.
- Small Stage lighting rig – Strand 12 channel desk, 2 x patchable ACT 6 dimmer racks, 8 x 650w profile spots, 12 x 650w fresnels. Internally wired LX grid above whole hall. Operating balcony at back of hall.
- Concert PA system available – Soundcraft or Yamaha 24-8-2 mixer, graphic EQ & effects rack, Wharfedale speakers & monitors, Yamaha amps, selection of mics & stands, DI boxes, multi-core & CD player
- Houselights are dimmable wall lights or switched halogens – switches by FOH entrance.
- Dressing Room area upstairs.
- Café Kitchen available by arrangement.
- No separate backstage toilets.
- Café available