RESOLIS MEMORIAL HALL
Feb 2014 Mick Andrew
Address: Resolis Memorial Hall, Resolis, Balblair, Ross-shire IV7 8LP
- Venue about 1/2 mile off B9163 Conon Bridge – Cromarty road, signposted in Resolis village, on south side – hall is at minor roads T-junction. Car park available.
- Built in 1959.
- Capacity 120 seated/200 standing. For theatre, set up on floor, then approx 80; some padded chairs & benches, also folding metal chairs on meatracks.
- Mobile reception variable. Nearest payphone at Jemimaville (3 miles)
- There are no services at Resolis. Nearest banks & cashpoint, hotels, cafes, shops at Cromarty or Fortrose (both 8 miles). Nearest petrol at Munlochy (12 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 9.19M (30’2”) wide x 15.01M (49’3”) long. Height at side walls 2.92M (9’7”) rising to 4.52M (14’10”) over centre area.
- Stage: 4.93M (16’2”) wide x 4.19M (13’9”) deep. No wings. Height of stage 1.07M (3’6”), height above stage 3.4M (11’2”).
- Décor: floor light wood with Badminton Court, walls mahogany stained wood lower, white upper & white ceiling. Maroon red FOH tabs and window curtains.
- Get-in: Good, through FOH entrance, straight, 2 sets double doors & 3 steps outside. Approx 15M van loading area to stage. 1.37M (4’6”) wide x 2.13M (7’) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable, all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by wall radiators.
- No Piano. 2 Smoke Detectors in hall, possible to isolate.
- No Access eqpt.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in cupboard by main hall entrance. Also 32amp single phase cee-form sockets in cupboard and stage right wing. Sockets at stage end on 32amp trip, sockets at FOH end on 20amp trip.
- Small stage lighting rig but basic.
- No Sound equipment
- Houselights are dimmable festoon or switched fluorescents and ceiling lights. Switches in SR stairwell access, or switch room in FOH lobby.
- Meeting Room can be used as Dressing Room.
- Kitchen available
- No bar licence.
- Separate backstage toilets, behind lounge.