DAVIOT VILLAGE HALL, INVERURIE
June 2015 Mick Andrew
Address: Wellbrae, Daviot, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire AB51 0NF
- Venue is on south side of main road through village just beyond the school heading towards Inverurie, car park at hall.
- Built 2014
- Capacity 100 if staging used, up to 70 if performing on floor, Stacking padded non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good.
- Nearest banks, cashpoints, hotels, petrol cafes and other services in Inverurie (4 miles). Daviot has a small pub and a stone circle.
- Hall Dimensions: 9.43M (30’11”) wide x 18.15M (59’6”) long. Height at side walls 3.88M (12’9”) rising to 4.88M (16’) at apex. Height reduced by approx 0.5M at acoustic treatment panels spread over hall roof.
- Staging available – 32 sections of 0.75M sq Topdeck rostra @ 0.5M height. Makes stage of 6M (19’8”) wide x 3M (9’10”) deep with access steps each side. No crossover. Also fixed carpeted platform at back of hall 0.93M (3’1”) deep x 9.43M (30’11”) wide @ 0.5M (1’8”) high, extends stage depth to 3.93M (12’11”).
- Décor: floor oak overlay with no markings; walls light wood clad lower, white upper & white roof. Windows have red curtains.
- Get-in: through hall fire exit, flat, straight single door. Approx 5m from van loading area to stage. Single door 0.85M (2’9”) wide x 2M (6’6”) high; double door access through FOH 1.7M (5’7”) wide x 2.02M (6’8”) high.
- Acoustics very good – hall has acoustic panels installed.
- Blackout reasonable, all windows have unlined curtains.
- Heating by biomass boiler & underfloor system.
- No piano. No smoke detectors in hall but has isolation zone.
- 10 step A-frame ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer located in switch room off kitchen. All 13amp twin sockets on 32amp trip.
- No stage lighting.
- No PA equipment.
- Houselights are switched & dimmable fluorescents, switched at hall entrance.
- Smaller hall can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.