TAYNUILT VILLAGE HALL
June 2008 Mick Andrew
Address: Taynuilt Village Hall, Taynuilt, Argyll PA35 1JH
- Venue is past railway station on RHS of B845 road through village from A85 junction. Small car park.
- Built 1905, upgraded in 2000.
- Capacity approx 100 if stage used, 60 if performing on floor. Plastic, padded non-interlocking stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable on some networks. Payphone in village by school (3 mins walk).
- Taynuilt has hotels, small Co-op, post office and café. Nearest cashpoint at Connel Stores. Banks and other services in Oban (12 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 12.34M (40’6”) long x 7.32M (24’) wide. Height at side walls 3.89M (12’9”) rising to 6.4M (21’) at apex. 3 roof trusses @ 4.42M (14’6”) high. Hall width reduced to 6.1M (20’) by wall-mounted heaters at truss positions.
- Stage: 6.4M (21’) wide x 2.69M (8’10”) deep. Can be extended to 7.32M (24’) wide. Height above stage 2.74M (9’). Height of stage 0.86M (2’10”). No crossover. Access treads off USL. Black box drapes.
- Décor: floor light oak with badminton court markings; walls dark blue lower, yellow upper; roof white with dark wood trusses. FOH tabs maroon, back wall of stage yellow.
- Get-in: reasonable, through hall left fire exit, single door, 2 steps or ramp, straight but handrail outside restricts turning circle. Approx 10M from van loading area to stage. 0.91M (3’) wide x 2.08M (6’10”) high. Double doors & right angle turn through foyer entrance.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good – windows have blackout boards cut to fit (no curtains).
- Heating by wall mounted panel heaters. Heating & ventilation on £1 coin meters.
- No Piano. 4 Smoke Detectors in hall, possible to isolate – panel in foyer.
- No access equipment seen.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in room behind stage with heating coin meters. 60amp single phase supply to feed stage lighting.
- Small stage lighting rig – desk & dimmers not seen, 4 x 650 w profile spots, 3 x 650/500w fresnels, 5 x 500w halogen floods. FOH LX bars on side walls, LX bar on pros arch, 2 stage LX bars & side bars.
- No sound equipment seen.
- Houselights are dimmable wall lights or switched fluorescents. Switches USL.
- Overhead rigging possible from load bearing roof trusses.
- Backstage area can be used as Dressing Room.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilet.