KINLOCHLEVEN LEVEN CENTRE
March 2012 Mick Andrew
Address: The Leven Centre, Riverside Road, Kinlochleven, Argyll PH50 4QH tel: 01855 831119. Theatre is located in adjacent High School. Venue is staffed.
- Venue is located within High School on Riverside Rd in middle of village. Car park at school.
- Built 2008 as part of High School.
- Capacity 121 on retractable seating rake. Additional seating can be added.
- Mobile reception variable.
- Kinlochleven has a Co-op, Post Office with no charge cashpoint, pub, bank (without cashpoint)and café. Hotel and petrol at Glencoe village (7 miles). Other services in Fort William (23 miles).
- Stage: 12.2M (40’) wide (wall to wall) by 4.7M (15’5”) deep (FOH tabs to back wall). Seats can be retracted to create deeper performing area (approx 8M x 6M). Height to LX grid approx 5.5M (18’). Mid-stage drawing blacks & 3 set legs & borders, back white drawing drape can create crossover. Legs create wing space (variable depth).
- Décor: floor non-slip light grey covering, FOH tabs light grey, black side legs.
- Get-in: long through school & library foyer (best avoid school breaks, lunchtime & school buses at end of school day), 3 sets double doors, flat. Approx 50M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good.
- Heating by underfloor system.
- No piano. 3 smoke detectors within theatre (isolation possibilities unknown but may be prohibited).
- No access equipment seen but assumed to exist under control of school janitor.
- Power: 63amp 3-phase socket in SL wing, 32amp 3-phase socket in SR wing. Plenty of twin 13amp sockets.
- Stage lighting rig – Zero88 jester 24/48 desk, dimmers not seen, 3 stage LX bars & 1 FOH LX bar, 12 x Source 4 Junior profile spots (FOH), 12 x 650w fresnels (LX 1 & 2), 12 x 500w floods (LX 3). 8 dip sockets. Operated from control room at back of seating.
- Sound rig available but not seen.
- Houselights are switched ceiling non-dim CFL lights.
- Backstage rooms can be used as dressing rooms by arrangement.
- Separate backstage toilets.