TARBERT COMMUNITY CENTRE
Dec 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: Tarbert Community Centre, Pier Road, Tarbert, Isle of Harris HS3 3DG
- Venue is in middle of village up a lane from Pier Road near shops. Car park in village by tourist information.
- Built approx 1975 and refurbished 2014/15.
- Capacity approx 200 if stage used, up to 150 if performing on floor. Plastic, interlocking, stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable.
- Tarbert has most services; Stornoway has all services (38 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 9.27M (30’5”) wide x 16.66M (54’8”) long. Height to flat roof 5.41M (17’9’).
- Stage: 6.3M (20’8”) wide x 3.66M (12’) deep to back tabs, 4.27M (14’) to back wall. Height of proscenium 2.95M (9’8”), height to grid 3.25M (10’8”). Wings 1.04M (3’5”) stage left, 0.94M (3’1”) stage right. Crossover behind back drape. Access treads off stage right wing into corridor. Stage has 3 tab tracks.
- Décor: floor polished wood with Badminton Court markings; walls white; roof white. Wood panelling above proscenium. Stage FOH tabs are brown.
- Get-in: through hall main foyer, straight, flat, 2 sets double doors. Approx 25M from van loading area to stage. 1.37M (4’6”) wide x 2.03M (6’8”) high.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- Blackout – reasonable – high up windows in wall have blinds.
- Heating by wall mounted panel heaters & 2 quartz red-glow heaters.
- No piano. No smoke detectors
- 12 rung 3-part Zarges ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer located in crockery store off Committee Room.
- Small stage lighting rig – Pulsar 6 channel controller and 2 x 3 channel dimmer packs, 2 x 650w profile spots on FOH booms, 4 x 650w fresnels, 4 LED parcans on stage.
- Portable P.A. system with twin CD rack, 2 mics + 2 radio mics.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents and 2 wall lights. Switches by main hall entrance (high up).
- Committee room can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilet.